우리 센터에서는 아래와 같이 제2009-1차 세미나를 개최하오니 관심있는 분들의 많은 참여 바랍니다.
= 아 래 =
1. 주 제 : Anticancer activities of phytochemicals
2. 연 자 : 윤현근 교수(성신여자대학교 식품영양학과)
3. 날 짜 : 2009년 4월 27일(월) 16:00~17:30
4. 장 소 : 한림대학교 RIC&IDMRC 세미나실(단재관 4317호)
5. Abstract Consumption of fruits and vegetables are believed to be related to the reduced risks of cancer disease because they contain phytochemicals, which have mechanisms preventing it, such as antioxidant activity, inhibition of cell proliferation, induction of apoptosis, and cell cycle arrest. Nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) is a transcription factor, which regulates cell functions of inflammation, immunity, apoptosis, and cell cycle in eukaryote cells. In cancer cells, NF-κB has a capability to increase cell proliferation by inhibiting apoptosis and cell cycle arrest, and to induce resistance against chemotherapy. Therefore, it is advantageous to inhibit NF-κB activation during cancer treatment, which might maintain the efficacy of anticancer therapies. Several phytochemicals from fruits, vegetables, and grains have been reported to inhibit carcinogenesis and some of them inhibit NF-κB activation in cancer cells. The mechanisms by which phytochemicals inhibit NF-κB signaling pathway are not clearly understood. This lecture will provide information about current study in investigating phytochemicals' anticancer activities and results of selected phytochemicals and apple extracts in inhibiting TNF-α-induced NF-κB activation in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells.